Mar 23, 2011

Life's Battle : Move to Live

I have to say that it's been a shitty day and, urmm, life threw shits on me today? Hahahah. Tak baik la say like that, Farrah.

Okay lah I'll put it this way, or should I say, I'd rather put it this way.

In life, there are certainly ups and downs. I bet you've heard of this too many times in your life you apparently will vomit once you read this : Life is like a roller-coaster. C'mon, since kindergarten (I'm actually exaggerating) , teachers and parents have been forcing you to believe the equivocal phrase you were yet to understand at that time.

Once you got into high school, you'll start to understand what it means. Bitchy friends, bad guy friends, not so understanding teachers, nagging parents, examination results that were not up to scratch, and other life's dramas you just had to face up till you further your studies in uni or college, you gradually are absorbing the meaning of the cliche yet accurate saying.

So today, something smacked me right in the face, and in the ass, also, it struck straight through my unproductive and unprepared brain. I was taken aback by something I should have prepared myself against. Should have put up a better shield. Should have built a better fort. Should have seen the enemies coming from every possible entrance.

Should have done better, and react better.

But after all I am a human with poor composition to prevent myself from any difficulties life has to offer. I made mistakes, always, with hopes to learn from them.

But in life, you can't always draw a tree exactly like the real one. It will vary, even slightly. What you can do is to try your best to make it look close to real, putting in every effort you can.

And in life, I suppose, you can't have everything in life in accordance to your wants and needs. Allah will not grant you precisely everything you asked for. You ask for a lemon, He'll give you coconut instead, for instance. But what you can do with the coconut is not to throw it away nor should you hold a grudge towards Him for not giving you a lemon, but instead, you can make the best out of the coconut because for all you know, the coconut might tastes better than the lemon. And that's the sweetness of life you'll not see with your naked eyes, but for you to feel beyond your reasonable heart.

As of today, I learnt that I should let go off things that got me tied up in a huge snowball of miseries and I've to get up, stand up high and hold tight to my faith and beliefs, that for each occurrence in my life, be it good or bad, there stand thousand of reasons behind it. And whatever reason it may be, I have to put my trust in God that He has the best plan for each slave of Him, not excluding me, never will He exclude me.



There comes a time in life when you have to let go the pointless drama and the people who create it, and surround yourself with people who make you laugh so hard that you forget the bad and focus solely on the good. After all, life is too short to be anything but happy.



Allah (God) is with the broken-hearted. When your heart breaks, it's a good thing - the breaking of the heart is what opens it up to the light of Allah. The dunya (life) is designed to break your heart, to crush it
-Shaykh Hamza Yusuf




Thanks for telling me that I deserve better, that I can make it, that I'm 23 and should live life to the fullest. Thank you for saving me today, Marines! Love you to pieces :)

2 comments:

princess dovey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ellisa said...

be strong kak farrah!

may the force be with you.

' Allah doesnt promise you that the path will be easy, but he'll promise to be there whenever you need Him to'


p/s : good piece of writing.