Nov 4, 2010

Natural Disasters

I'm pretty sure that by now, everybody knows the phenomenon in Kedah. From my previous entries, you will know. The flood has prolonged for few days. When I arrived on Tuesday, this is how it looked like in Jitra :


First I saw a beautiful traditional house caught on fire. But this was in Alor Star.




Then the flood.







Rumor has it that things are getting worse. Somewhere on Facebook stated that one of the petrol station available has closed and it is afraid that many more will also close due to insufficient fuel supply.

And to avoid starvation in case the second wave of heavy rain and flood hit the town again, I decided to step out with a friend of mine to add more foodstuff.

So I first went to Petronas and found that the place was congested. I'm sure others have the same worries as me myself. Fuel was filled full tank.

We then headed to the supermarket to buy foodstuff. I searched for breads. And this was what the shelves looked like :


Pathetic much, yes?


But luckily, I have already bought some stocks of food yesterday as soon as I arrived and settled down in college. I just thought of adding more, in case anything happen and I can't get my way out to find food. Plus, I saw in the news that students in UiTM Arau are currently facing shortage of foodstuff and I'm afraid that I will soon face the same thing.

Foodstuffs bought yesterday and today, all gathered, these are what I got :



Kimchi Ramen
Mushroom soup
Honey Stars
Breads
Muffins
Biscuits
Instant noodles
3-in-1 tea
Orange juice

Too bad I couldn't find any HL fresh milk and Vitagen. Those available have reached its expiry date.

*****************************

On a separate story, Merapi erupted again today, killing more civilians.


Considering the natural disasters happening around me, made me wonder, has mother nature sick of us?

No comments: