I was Twitting and Tumblr-ing and Facebook-ing since this morning, continuously.
On Twitter, I love to follow several quote pages, just so to gain some inspiration on life, and love.
So what happened just now was that while I was retweet-ing, I stumbled on this :
TheLoveStories are fine as far as I'm concern. They give quotes about love, friendship, and relationship.
I've been following TLS for quite some time. So when what I circled in the image above (mind my ignorance to crop that particular part) appeared on my timeline, I clicked on each name, trying to see what they have, whether or not there are anything good that I can retweet.
So I found AyatAlkitabKu and found this quote :
At one glance, it seemed okay. So I retweeted it. Later, I further scrolled down through the timeline of the page.
Some things I came into realisation :
- How can I fail to notice Jesus being the wallpaper??
- How can I fail to notice the word "Happy Sunday" at the end of the quote?
- How can I fail to notice the bizarre names of surah they have in the timeline, such as
- Mazmur
- Amsal
- Yakobus
- Filipi
- Yak
- Petrus
- Galatia
- Kor
- Yohanes
- Pengkhotbah
- Yesaya
- Ephesians
- Tesalonika
- Etc - You can have a look at the page here. TGK JE! Jangan follow.
- How can I fail to notice the rest of the quotes, and how odd they sounded, such as these
- "Ucaplah syukur senantiasa atas segala sesuatu dalam nama Tuhan kita Yesus Kristus kepada Allah dan Bapa kita"
- "Selamat beribadah dan melakukan pelayanan di hari ini. Tuhan Yesus menyertai dan memberkati kita semua.Amin"
- And some others, you can read yourself
Reading it in the first instance, I thought it was okay. Because I followed this one page named Ayat Quran which have sayings from the Holy Qur'an. So I thought AyatAlkitabKu was similar to Ayat Quran. I thought wrong, my bad.
See how easy I was being blinded, though for a minute or two before I realise that everything seemed to be not right?
Frankly, my knowledge about Islam is shallow, I've to say. I am not that pious or learned to know myself what is right or what is not right. I am still learning.
But knowing this, I don't quite feel right. And I did Googled the list of surah in Al-Qur'an, and I made reference to the Al-Qur'an itself, and none of them have what I above listed. I don't know if translated to English, the name of the surah will change, but I don't think it work that way, kan?
Whatever it is, I stand to be corrected, for I'm just a human being who freaked out easily with the game they're trying to play.
Wallahu'alam.


2 comments:
Hi Farrah,
I don't think you are blinded or anything. And honestly, I don't think that account meant to "corrupt" Muslims or anything.
Like I have mentioned earlier, Indonesian Christians speak Bahasa Indonesia, but that is *almost* unheard of in Malaysia (to have the Bible in Bahasa). There is nothing wrong with the Twitter account, in my humble opinion.
They are at the liberty to practice their religion as much as we are free to practice ours.
And I believe your faith is much stronger than what you might think, and you would not be easily swayed :)
Don't freak out too much aite!
Baiti.
Thank youuuu :))
I just pray now that we Muslims all over are guided on the right path, always.
XX
Post a Comment