Nov 15, 2010

My Hijrah

I am a hijabi now. Alhamdulillah. :)

All praises to Allah, I just started about a week ago.

How do I start wearing hijab?

Perhaps this is the hidayah granted to me by Ya Rabb.

I felt that I should cover up. And I started feeling a wee bit uncomfortable leaving my hair uncovered while going out. That was sudden. And I did pray that Allah guide me throughout to show me the right thing to do. I woke up one night, prayed, and the next day when I was about to go out, and I just felt that I should cover up. And so it stays until today.

Sometimes I pondered over my decision, am I moving too fast? Or am I making decisions that me myself will regret later in future? But then I thought again, when Allah have open my heart to do something good as what His religion requires, I should seize the opportunity because I will never know when again will He open my heart once He let it close.

But need I say more? He is The Gracious, The Answer. He is The Light and The Guide.

I could not be more grateful than this. The feelings I'm having now is different. Totally different. I'm still praying though, that this will stay for ever. InshaAllah :)

14 comments:

Badet Si Gembira said...

gud! Alhamdulillah! :) i rasa lagi bersemangat nk pergi Ipoh Parade gini... :) moga berkekalan.. jaga diri, jaga tingkah laku.. :) moga berbahagia selalu...

Farrah Ridzwan said...

Hahah lagi bersemangat? Alhamdulillah syukur Ya Rabb. Boleh la pegi, Fiza pun nak kirim :)

Anyway thank you for the advices. InsyaAllah will do :)

Em See Are said...

Slm.

Just dropping by to have a look on your blog. Congrats and Alhamdulillah. Rasa sebak baca your post. Good for you. :) hehe.

Baiti al-Jannati said...

Farrah,

Alhamdullilah, congratulations to you on your decision.

Not many are brave enough to make changes in their lives, and your change is for the better. For me, wearing a hijab is not just about covering up, it is also a way to tell the world that you are a Muslim and proud at that ;)

You're a pretty girl and you're even prettier with your hijab. I am so very happy for you :)

Love,
Baiti.

Farrah Ridzwan said...

MCR,

Assalamu'alaikum.

Thank you for dropping by dear, that's so thoughtful of you. Alhamdulillah I've seen the lights I've been looking for :)

XX

Farrah Ridzwan said...

Assalamu'alaikum.

Hye Kak B!

Thank you so much for reminding me that it's a way to be proud being a Muslim. I'm not brave either in the first place, afraid with the thoughts that I might someday somehow take it off occasionally. But at least, I'm glad I made the first step.

Thank you so much, and you are pretty yourself too!

XX

Sham (Modern Pastime) said...

i saw your photo wearing tudung in FB and then, i read this. you look good farah, and different.

i'm happy for you :)

::alfie:: said...

wow.you look very nice in hijab.its doesnt matter u are wearing hijab or not because the beauty come from the inside and now,i can see it.congratulations farrah!i will always support you:).

Farrah Ridzwan said...

Sham,

Thank you so much dear :)) I couldn't be any more happier for the well wishes I received from all you people.

XX

Farrah Ridzwan said...

Alfie,

Thank youuuuu, for the wishes and for the support you're willing to give me throughout heheeee

XX

Fatin Fairuz said...

Hey Farrah,

just dropping by at ur blog. Trying to follow u but the system told me i can't do that..how meh?

Anyway, congratulations on ur decision. U look even more pretty in ur tudung! :)..Me, myself also wants to change. In fact, i did a few changes on myself a few months back and i'm proud of it..=). Will make this inspirational post to inspire me in future ;)

-Fatin Farah Izzati-

feel free to singgah lalu lalang at my site at fatinfairuz.blogspot.com =)

A sagi's thoughts said...

salam...

Alhamdulillah.. congratez fara for u brave decision on putting on hijab..
u are lucky coz u r the choosen one that ALLAH opened ur heart to see the light.. bukn semua org bertuah tau.. hope that this first step will open the path for u to find HIM be closer to HIM n to know HIM better...AMEEN..

aku habib kamu said...

berubah itu satu yang amat susah andai kita tidak istiqamah dalam perjuangan melawan hawa nafsu.berusahalah selagi mampu. berdoa sentiasa.. istiqamah itu yang paling penting. :)

Farrah Ridzwan said...

Masha Allah thank you all for the comments. Insha Allah He will guide me through. Ameen..