All praise to God that I today am able to rejoice another year of living life not perfectly, but happily at least. Though throughout the years there are just countless of difficulties but I made it through. 22 is not an easy deal. Living life as the only daughter for 22 years in a family with 3 brothers isn't easy as well. Living life for 22 years in a city full of lust is never easy. And living life for 22 years with average brain is far from easy. But for all the hardships I went through, one thing I realised that will not make things easy for you, but at least, show you ways to deal with life's never-ending predicaments - God. Not being one pious Muslim, I'm still struggling to be one. To be perfectly right on the straight path. To be perfect is not possible, but to try to be perfect - there are always ways for that. For all my life, last night was the night where I submitted to Him and felt terribly down. In His house I prayed for, not all, but some things that I have been wishing for all these years. Last night was when I sit and cried my heart out, letting He know what I felt inside, and I know, He will never fail to listen. He listens. He listened. Attentively to each and every word I prayed for. His messenger listened, too. For all my life, I never felt such calmness as if dozens of burdens have just been lifted from me. One thing I'm still hoping for is for Him to show me the lights I've been waiting for, to see the lights come my way and when the time comes, I will be forever grateful to Him. I now feel like an adult. I now think that 22 is the age for adjustment. For transformation. Though every year I did have some resolution and it all goes down the drain without enforcement, but I do hope that this year's different. 22 may be the age.
P.S. I'd like to express gratitude to those who took a wee bit of their time to send me messages and wrote on my wall just to wish Happy Birthday. Thank you so much, lovelies :)

No comments:
Post a Comment