May 19, 2012

Peach

E-Day : The Preliminary Stage

I constantly keep changing my ideas and decisions on what to wear, what color, what design, what this and what that. I literally mean constant change.

I fell in love with one photo of a woman wearing a kaftan on her engagement which somehow inspired me. I've always wanted to wear something minimal. I have warned myself, Mama and whoever that I never want my engagement dress to be the one which is embellished with heavy beadings. NO. Dalam kes ni tak perlu jadi pokok krismas bergerak.

Went to my favourite place to shop for traditional outfits today and looked for a kaftan, and tried on a few with totally different hues - which finally has drawn me in choosing a color which is way different than the one I initially wanted which is dusty purple.

Bought my engagement dress, and as well as a dress (also a kaftan) in off-white, meant to be worn during Majlis Khatam Qur'an after my solemnisation, which is to be held, urmm, next year Insha Allah. Lambat lagi, I know, but Mama liked the dress too much she decided to just buy it straight away. Anything would do, so as long as I have something to wear on that day.

Getting overly excited to match Mad's baju with mine, Mama bought a matching samping and kain baju Melayu. So, outfit wise, we're done. Alhamdulillah.

There are many other things that need to be managed. I am (still) in the midst of browsing through, scouting for ideas and wild inspirations scattered here and there and the hardest part would be to gather everything, and decide. I've always been indecisive. Always. But this time around I've no choice but to make up my mind with the help from others but the final call would have to be made by yours truly. Susah.

Wina suggested that I get a mood board, so just to keep ideas alive. Might take that into consideration but knowing myself, I'm terrified with the thought that if at the end of the day, the board will have... Nothing on it.. I'll resume working on June 4th and afraid that abandonment will occur in this case as a matter of fact. But we'll see. Something for me to consider, at least.

Well, Alhamdulillah everything has been running smoothly thus far. On both sides of mine and his. At the end of the day, they're all from Allah. Rizq, good health, time, everything. Alhamdulillah for EVERYTHING.

Good night.

Assalamu'alaikum.

No comments: