Dec 12, 2011

That Foggy Sunday

And so I went up to Genting yesterday with so much excitement in anticipation of an emotional acoustic concert. And like what I had earlier expected, it was an emotional moment. Left in the evening, and 'cause someone drove like a rempit (despite the narrow road with 180 degree turns), we reached just in time to pray and in fact it was a tad early because they took quite some time to set up and filled the hall etc.

See, I've been a fan of oldies songs since I finally had enough of crappy modern songs which I can never capture the wordings. Different people has different taste in music for sure. I respect those who can bear banging their heads to modern, techno, house music or whatnots. But for personal preference, I would rather sing along to mellow songs from the 70's 80's or 90's.

And to be at a concert, an acoustic one, with a performer who is well-known to the world with his love songs and the famous song of a guy who will wait for his girl wherever she goes and whatever she does - is epic, as I can say.

The best part of an acoustic concert is that you can truly listen to each and every word uttered by Richard Marx, and feel it deep in your bones, and your mind will wander as he sings. But the worst part was that I can relate to most of his songs. But that's the beauty of it. You feel. You don't just bang your head and jump up and down and fly up in the air, getting all sweaty and in the end you feel extremely exhausted and, smelly. Acoustic concert gives you more chances to sit back, listen, think, feel, and cry (like I did).

It hurts so much to know when love means letting go, and no one can tell me that they've felt my pain. No strength can stop me now. Will someone show me how to live it over again?

How many dreams will end? How long can I pretend? How many times will love pass me by, until I find you again?

I'm the ghost of the girl that I want to be most.

No comments: