It's irksome pondering why some men love to stare at women.
Prior to wearing hijab, I know why I kept getting all the stares. Maybe I was wearing tight clothes, maybe my chest were bared too much, maybe my shirts were not long enough to cover my back when I sit down, maybe my hair were too appalling or perhaps appealing for them to stare at. I don't know. I don't understand men.
And evidently, the above mentioned factors are among the reasons that drove me to cover up, apart from fulfilling what my religion requires. When I got stared at, I will not entirely put the blame on men because deep inside I know somehow I was being one of the contributing factor which led them to stare at me.
Nevertheless, being a hijabi now, I still receive those nasty stares which make me feel absolutely uncomfortable and what more those stares I receive are while I'm having meals.
I made conjectures when I got stared at, such as
Is my back revealed?
Is my neck shown?
Does my hair slipped out of my hijab?
Are my clothes too tight?
Is my zipper unzip?
Any the list goes on and on...
Call me weirdo but I feel so sad.. And every time I feel insecure how I wish I can have my taiko/gangster looking brother around to protect me, or well, at least, to prevent men from staring at me..
Women just don't like to be stared at, or to be scrutinized. I stand to be corrected though.
No comments:
Post a Comment