Apr 1, 2013

Run, Running

And with that title, I don't mean myself running on a track getting in shape. I meant, running out of time.

It's April 1st ; which means I have approximately (according to the Between apps on iPhone) 82 days. I don't take June into consideration so 82 days minus 30 days = 52 days, Insha Allah.

FIFTY-TWO DAYS.

No joke weh.

And this morning I was somehow depressed upon realising that my kain baju kurung is now a bit tighter. Which made me think - at this point of time, NOTHING should get any tighter.

I told The Pansters over breakfast and a friend thought it was my wedding dress that got tighter. Told her it wasn't, it's the baju kurung I'm wearing today.

And then I thought, yeah what if my wedding dress too, got tighter? Since the last time I went for fitting was, urmm, weeks (or a month) ago? And within that period of time, anything is possible when it comes to gaining weight.

Mana tak gemok (nak cakap Melayu sat please). Makan macam singa laut. Tak kira pagi petang siang malam tengah malam awal pagi. Makan nak meriah je. Biskut-biskut ni tak main. Tak kenyang. Makan taknak pulak yang berkhasiat. Semua makanan jenis takung minyak, lemak, kolestrol apa segala bagai benda yang boleh mendatangkan penyakit (dan obviously mengubah bentuk fizikal badan di luar kesedaran). Nak yang gempak-gempak. Nasi tak boleh tinggal sehari pun nanti mengada-ngada pening kepala. Nasi tak boleh la pulak substitute dengan benda lain ke roti ke, tak cukupppp. Ada pulak peneman makan, lagi menjadi-jadi. Nak-nak pulak dia belikan la chicken wing segala bagai malam-malam. Ada logiknya di situ tak kalau berat aku naik dari kancil ke gajah? Harus la ada kan.

I was so frustrated with myself. 100% consuming and 0% exercising. Crayy crayyy!

So I told Mad about the poyo frustration I had. The conversation:

Me : Baju dah ketat. Tak elok.
Mad : Nanti gi la alter. Longgarkan sikit.
Me : Taknak la. Asyik alter je nanti lama-lama badan macam gajah pun tak perasan sebab asyik alter bajuuu je.
Mad : Kalau itu, bukan masalah baju. Itu masalah mata. Kalau dah jadi gajah pun tak perasan itu salah mata la tu.


See, how constructive his comments were?? :))

Takpe la. He said later after kawin exercise la sama-sama. Boleh la. Dia jog, aku naik kereta ikut belakang sambil kibar pom-pom bagi sokongan kat dia, ok la tu kan.

*******************

Well, some said that we should not only worry about the external. What's even MORE important is what are we preparing on the inside. What are we feeding our souls with.

Alhamdulillah, among many other things that I am truly grateful for, he is one of it.

Being somewhat inattentive, he's constantly acting as my alarm clock, buzzing every once in a while to remind me of something, or to nag me about something other than something, or to tell me something related to something which I have no knowledge of.

Not saying that he's damn good when it comes to religion. We are all human beings who are learning, every single day in fact, till the day we breathe our last breath. But at least I can see that he can lead, Insha Allah. Which is one of the many traits I seek in a man to make him eligible as a husband-material, Insha Allah.

There's no hard and fast rule in getting to our destinations.

Reading some books (I'm rather slow when it comes to reading books) and online articles and listening to 'mini ceramah' given by Mad, trying to be as comprehensive as possible before the day arrives. Though I know it's impossible to know everything, but at least I know something la. Because whether I like it or not, I have to prepare myself to be the wife-material too (tolak tepi bab masak please, that, is still under construction. Tak tau bila nak siap, wallahu'alam)

So far, I know things such as....

A wife must obey her husband. *cricket sound*

Urmm, everybody knows that, right?

Haaa it sounds so simple but it's not really.

Will try to elaborate more later, Insha Allah.

Have a good starting of a new month, everyone!


Assalamu'alaikum.

No comments: