I was born in a family who takes cleanliness as a serious thing. I remember back then when I was a small little girl, biasa lah kalau balik from skolah or anything, sampai muka pintu kasut main bukak macam tu je, sebelah tercampak ke kiri, sebelah lagi termasuk dalam rumah, dah tak fikir apa dah, sebabnya perut dah lapar, lepas tu hidung dah bau Mama masak. When that occurred, either my Dad, or my eldest brother, or my Mom herself akan panggil balik pegi susun kasut betul-betul, baru boleh buat benda lain such as makan. Kadang-kadang mereka tak peduli walaupun I'd went upstairs ke dah masuk jamban ke apa, they will made me come downstairs and susun kasut. So to be safe, susun jela kasut siap-siap sebab malas nak turun naik tangga. And it becomes a habit until today.
Itu baru pasal kasut/slippers. Belum masuk bab bilik, katil kena kemas, tak boleh biar blanket tak lipat, bantal bersepah, no. That's not how I roll. I wasn't living and is not living in a military camp, though. I just live in an environment where everything is kept organized. I still do remember back then when I was in kindergarten, I'd arrange every single thing I had accordingly. Including all my plastic accessories. Because I loved to see them orderly on my dressing table. How cute, I thought.
In cleanliness do I find happiness, weirdly. I will smile widely every time after I am done cleaning up my room, with the finishing touch where I'll spray some Febreeze or splatter some fragrances on my fabrics. That's when I know I am done with cleaning and I am the most satisfied human being ever. Kepuasan tu datang mencurah-curah bila tengok lantai licin takde habuk, katil dah kemas, barang semua dah susun, baju dah hang and lipat perfectly. I don't know about others but that's what among life's satisfaction means to me, at least for me.
Those who know me, they'd know how meticulous I can be when it comes certain matters. Growing up as the only daughter in the family, I am not used to sharing things with others. I've heard of my girlfriends having grudges against their sisters for borrowing their stuffs, making such messes in their shared room, etc. I don't know how it felt like until I set foot in uni when I had to share a room with 3 others. Then I know how it felt like, to see your roommate not keeping their things in order. Who am I to interfere, then? But I could not help but to help them made up their bed. Every morning when we woke up, I'll let them showered first and while they were away, I'd made up their bed and when they were done, they'd go like "Siapa kemaskan katil??" Lols. I loved to do it everyday, though, strangely. Lama-lama, diorang kemas sendiri katil and nothing beats the feeling of having a katil yang kemas, cadar tegang, got what I mean?
At times, I will look back at those things I've done, and I thought, I spent more times scanning the floor looking for any dirts or dusts, than studying. How bad is that? Sometimes I spent my times I should use to study, to organize my baju, lap kasut, and others. Tak kisah la esok nak exam ke apa but once my foot felt uncomfortable I knew something was wrong with my floor. Dusts, they were. So books were being abandoned, and the broom I'd grabbed and start menyapu. And it has become a habit that here in my college, once dah sapu dalam bilik, I just could not leave it halfway. I'd extend my rajin-ness and sapu luar bilik skali. Luar bilik sendiri, bilik orang depan, orang sebelah, bilik yang depan bilik orang sebelah, and on the way nak pegi buang sampah dalam penyodok tu, alang-alang tu sapu skali jalan tu.
There was this one time where I was extremely tired and malas and I stayed up the whole night, and the next morning I went for breakfast, went to the workshop, got my car washed and stuffs, and as I got back at 10A.M., I straightaway went to bed and got up only at 4 in the evening. I went to the toilet, panggilan alam. On the way, I saw a giant (exaggerated) hairball kat tengah-tengah dunia and I was like "Waddehekkkkkkkk??". Annoying weh, tak tipu. Dalam keadaan separa sedar mata pun tak bukak habis, aku emo. Aku emo dengan tuan punya rambut yang sungguh inconsiderate dan, well sorry to say but this is the truth, pengotor. Kebetulan hari tu hari cuti, makcik tak datang untuk bersihkan floor. So aku la jadi makcik cleaner. Sapu bilik, skali dengan luar-luar tu. I just don't get it macam mana diorang boleh sapu bilik lepas tu leave everything kat tepi bilik tu? Don't you think that bila angin tiup nanti habuk-habuk tu masuk balik dalam bilik kau ke? Kotor balik kan? Alang-alang dah sapu tu, sau sampai sudah tak boleh ke susah sangat ke nak buat kerja lebih sikit it does not take your time more than 2 minutes to sweep the remaining sampah of yours, trust me. Whenever I complaint to Mama, she'd say that that's what I have to put up to, living in a hostel where I have to share with 19 others (I think), I can't have people roll the way I roll. Tu belum masuk bab sinki kotor, sisa makanan penuh kat dalam sinki hamba Allah mana tah yang bengap sangat tak reti nak buang dalam tong sampah seriously, otak letak kat mana weh korang?
Dah, jangan nak emosi. Lagi sebulan je nak habis studies then I can have the liberty of my own room, again, and for ever, until I get married. Though I'll miss uni, I will not miss the mess these people made. To those who are living in hostels, I'm speaking in general, please, take into serious consideration the cleanliness of your areas, inside and out. You're sharing everything with others, so stop being so self-centered pretty please. Now I'm worried to get married because then I'd have to share everything I have for the rest of my life with someone whom manner is absolutely indefinite to me. Question is ; Can I cope?
Itu baru pasal kasut/slippers. Belum masuk bab bilik, katil kena kemas, tak boleh biar blanket tak lipat, bantal bersepah, no. That's not how I roll. I wasn't living and is not living in a military camp, though. I just live in an environment where everything is kept organized. I still do remember back then when I was in kindergarten, I'd arrange every single thing I had accordingly. Including all my plastic accessories. Because I loved to see them orderly on my dressing table. How cute, I thought.
In cleanliness do I find happiness, weirdly. I will smile widely every time after I am done cleaning up my room, with the finishing touch where I'll spray some Febreeze or splatter some fragrances on my fabrics. That's when I know I am done with cleaning and I am the most satisfied human being ever. Kepuasan tu datang mencurah-curah bila tengok lantai licin takde habuk, katil dah kemas, barang semua dah susun, baju dah hang and lipat perfectly. I don't know about others but that's what among life's satisfaction means to me, at least for me.
Those who know me, they'd know how meticulous I can be when it comes certain matters. Growing up as the only daughter in the family, I am not used to sharing things with others. I've heard of my girlfriends having grudges against their sisters for borrowing their stuffs, making such messes in their shared room, etc. I don't know how it felt like until I set foot in uni when I had to share a room with 3 others. Then I know how it felt like, to see your roommate not keeping their things in order. Who am I to interfere, then? But I could not help but to help them made up their bed. Every morning when we woke up, I'll let them showered first and while they were away, I'd made up their bed and when they were done, they'd go like "Siapa kemaskan katil??" Lols. I loved to do it everyday, though, strangely. Lama-lama, diorang kemas sendiri katil and nothing beats the feeling of having a katil yang kemas, cadar tegang, got what I mean?
At times, I will look back at those things I've done, and I thought, I spent more times scanning the floor looking for any dirts or dusts, than studying. How bad is that? Sometimes I spent my times I should use to study, to organize my baju, lap kasut, and others. Tak kisah la esok nak exam ke apa but once my foot felt uncomfortable I knew something was wrong with my floor. Dusts, they were. So books were being abandoned, and the broom I'd grabbed and start menyapu. And it has become a habit that here in my college, once dah sapu dalam bilik, I just could not leave it halfway. I'd extend my rajin-ness and sapu luar bilik skali. Luar bilik sendiri, bilik orang depan, orang sebelah, bilik yang depan bilik orang sebelah, and on the way nak pegi buang sampah dalam penyodok tu, alang-alang tu sapu skali jalan tu.
There was this one time where I was extremely tired and malas and I stayed up the whole night, and the next morning I went for breakfast, went to the workshop, got my car washed and stuffs, and as I got back at 10A.M., I straightaway went to bed and got up only at 4 in the evening. I went to the toilet, panggilan alam. On the way, I saw a giant (exaggerated) hairball kat tengah-tengah dunia and I was like "Waddehekkkkkkkk??". Annoying weh, tak tipu. Dalam keadaan separa sedar mata pun tak bukak habis, aku emo. Aku emo dengan tuan punya rambut yang sungguh inconsiderate dan, well sorry to say but this is the truth, pengotor. Kebetulan hari tu hari cuti, makcik tak datang untuk bersihkan floor. So aku la jadi makcik cleaner. Sapu bilik, skali dengan luar-luar tu. I just don't get it macam mana diorang boleh sapu bilik lepas tu leave everything kat tepi bilik tu? Don't you think that bila angin tiup nanti habuk-habuk tu masuk balik dalam bilik kau ke? Kotor balik kan? Alang-alang dah sapu tu, sau sampai sudah tak boleh ke susah sangat ke nak buat kerja lebih sikit it does not take your time more than 2 minutes to sweep the remaining sampah of yours, trust me. Whenever I complaint to Mama, she'd say that that's what I have to put up to, living in a hostel where I have to share with 19 others (I think), I can't have people roll the way I roll. Tu belum masuk bab sinki kotor, sisa makanan penuh kat dalam sinki hamba Allah mana tah yang bengap sangat tak reti nak buang dalam tong sampah seriously, otak letak kat mana weh korang?
Dah, jangan nak emosi. Lagi sebulan je nak habis studies then I can have the liberty of my own room, again, and for ever, until I get married. Though I'll miss uni, I will not miss the mess these people made. To those who are living in hostels, I'm speaking in general, please, take into serious consideration the cleanliness of your areas, inside and out. You're sharing everything with others, so stop being so self-centered pretty please. Now I'm worried to get married because then I'd have to share everything I have for the rest of my life with someone whom manner is absolutely indefinite to me. Question is ; Can I cope?
No comments:
Post a Comment