I had an accident yesterday morning, when I was on my way back to college from the airport. I took kereta sapu which my friends and I will normally engage, since it is cheaper by RM20 from the airport taxi, and since I was all alone yesterday (where usually my friends and I will tong-tong or share the fare so it’ll be less expensive for each of us).
On average, a pakcik will fetch us with his Proton Wira but yesterday was different when I saw his wife waiting for me at the airport. His wife is one of a brutal woman. The way she drives will possibly make you pee in your pants. Hitting the red traffic light is not a problem for her. And driving at 120/130 km/h on a busy road is also not a matter for her. She drives like a mad ass running after a thief.
As soon as I got in the car, I settled in the front seat as a way of not being rude should I sit at the back. I had few questions posted to her just to be friendly and not to let the radio to do the talking.
Tanya sepatah, dia jawab sepatah. I was like, fine, I’ll shut my eyes and will try to sleep.
At times when I was almost asleep, I’ll be shocked by an emergency brake she had.
Seriously, dia bawak ternonong-nonong, tergopoh gapah, serabai, kelam-kabut, tak cermat, kejap ke kiri kejap ke kanan, etc. in conclusion, she’s incompetent. Tapi sumpah otai, dengan pakai shorts nye sume.
Then at one point where I really was almost asleep, I heard her shrieking “Ooooiiiiii!!!” (it was hilarious when I think back of the way how she screamed) and as I open my eyes, I saw a car changing from the left lane to the right lane where we’re on without noticing that we’re approaching. And the next thing I know, our car hit the divider and went on the lane again, and it stopped, the airbag popped out and pooofffftttt, it exploded. I mean the airbag exploded, not the car. Should the car exploded, I won’t be able to post anything here, now.
When the airbag is exploding, I managed to cover my face with my right hand. And there was smoke everywhere, and the driver urged me to get off the car. Few men sympathetically helped to push the car to the side of the road, and coincidentally my friend passed by and gave me a lift back to college.
What I’m highlighting is not the incident, because I considered it as a minor misfortune. But up to this moment, when I think back of what happened, I count not be grateful more.
As soon as mom knew what happened she texted me asking me to bersyukur sebab dah selamat, and muhasabah diri. (how to muhasabah diri actually?)
I thought, I could have died if there was oil spill and the car consequently exploded yesterday.
Or if there was no airbag, I could have been injured badly or perhaps thrown out of the front window. I could have been hospitalized by now, being in a comatose or anything.
But I was saved. I’m safe and sound. I am not sitting here like a normal person. No injuries, no even a single scratch. I just had minor musculoskeletal pain, and that’s all.
Thanks to the almighty Allah SWT. It was all his power. Betapa besarnya kuasa-Nya. Subhanallah.
No comments:
Post a Comment